Is it that time of the year? If you’re in a relationship or courting someone with the goal of being in a relationship, we know the importance of having a great “Date Night” experience. It’s like playing a video game or crossword puzzle where the objective is to put it altogether or accomplish the stage for another opportunity. If you run out of ideas, use any or all of the ones below to help you create a fun experience that your partner will remember you for.
- Take a Dance Lesson together – If you’re the spontaneous type, show them what skills you may or may not have
- Triathloning Activities – This doesn’t mean go swim, bike and run. Instead do 3 events that you both feel your good at and compete such as basketball shootout, target shooting, dance dance revolution, etc.
- Eat at home – Save $$$ by dumping out the going out and eating idea. Instead, make the date night more relaxing by making your date dinner at home.
- Getting Physical – No don’t hit your partner, I meant doing physical exercises together. Things like Zumba, P90X or even Crossfit is a good way to see the athletic side of your partner.
- Go Sight Seeing – Dates don’t have to be expensive. Take them for a stroll around the city or park. Enjoy the scene and take your time. You might be amazed to see how romantic this may be.
- Take them to Open Water – Ever had the chance to watch the Sunset by a Lake, River or Ocean? It’s a beautiful scene. Great way to end a date or start one.
- Watch an Improv or Comedy Show – No idea on what to do to make the night memorable, well have someone else do it. Making a person laugh, they become more relaxed and willing to enjoy the date.
- Take them to a wine or beer tour – Not only will you learn something, but you can remove the guilt trip of drinking earlier in the day.
- Grab a tale at the book store – Sure you already have a Nook, Kindle or IPAD that does that. But having an actual book and starting a conversation about what you and your partner have read is a great way to ignite past memories and create new ones.
- Cuddle by the fire – If your house has a fireplace, this is the time to use it. Talk about how you guys first met or past horror stories that are funny to talk about now while being in a dark place with just the fire burning out.
- Instagram your date – If you see something funny snap a picture of it. Been somewhere cool or new, snap a picture. Post it and Whalla!! Instant album of your date night.
- Drive In Movie Night – Back in the days these were the way to go when you want to do something romantic. A little bit of old school tactics are never a bad thing when trying to impress your date.
- Check out the Carnival – Win them a prize or beat them to get one. End your night with some cotton candy and a ride on the Ferris wheel.
- Check out the Nightclub – Show off your MC Hammer or Lord of the Dance.
- Serenade them – If you can play an instrument or sing well enough. Sing them their favorite song or album to show how much you care and pay attention.
- Check out something New – If you have never been to a museum or gallery, def go and see one. It’s a great way to learn new things about artist, history or anatomy.
- Check off your list of “Always wanted to dos” – If you’re the type of person who has made a list of things to do before you die, get married, etc. Take your partner on a few of them to share a memory.
- Hit the Road – Go on a mini road trip to see neighboring cities and states. That way you will always remember that you were there along with the things you did.
- Morning Movie Date – It’s cheaper, and allows you to do more things throughout your day.
- Picnic at the park – great way to keep it casual and romantic
- Join an event together – Try a 5k, Mud Run or even a Color run to bring out the sporty side of your partner
- Hit the board games – If you’re tired of going out and spending a ton of cash, get a board game together and play like you were kids
- Conquer a mountain – Go for a hike or camp overnight. Great way to enjoy each other’s company with Mother Nature.
- Go to a Spa – Nothing’s wrong with getting some TLC once in a while.. or twice in a while.. or even 3 times in a while.. if that makes any sense
- Last Minute Surprise – Take your mate on an unscheduled vacation anywhere. It’s a wonderful way of showing your on the fly personality.
- 15 Tips for a Romantic Night on the Town (simplymypassion.wordpress.com)
- Date Night (thesocialprestige.wordpress.com)
- Date Night (nanaannasnotes.com)