“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One ring to bring them all…” taken straight from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. That is exactly what Apple is doing with their new “iRing” that acts as a motion controller to watch television on their “iTV”. Rumor has it that this new accessory will allow their users the ability to control the TV set by just pointing at the television.
Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets believed that the “iTV” will come with a “mini iTV” screen that will allow users to view content on a smaller 9.7-inch display — the same diagonal screen size as a full-size iPad. Though this 2 for the price of 1 may seem unrealistic, as a consumer I would definitely be interested in getting these devices. Imagine never having to pick up the remote since it’s on your finger. The days of misplacing the remote or the battery dying out will be a thing of the past.
Stay tuned my technology friends….
- Coming this Year: Apple TV with “iRing” Motion Controller (amog.com)
- Apple’s TV Coming with iRing Motion Controller and mini iTV Secondary Screen by Late 2013 (hitechanalogy.com)
- Analyst Claims 60-Inch ‘iTV’ Could Launch in Late 2013 With ‘iRing’ Motion Control and iPad-Like Auxiliary Screens (macrumors.com)
- Analyst: Apple HDTV coming this year with “iRing” motion controller & “mini iTV” second screen experience (9to5mac.com)
- Apple to Launch iTV With ‘iRing’ Controller Later This Year [Analyst] (iClarified.com)
- The Top 8 Items I want in My Apple Television (themarlincompany.com)
- Highland Controls Releases Complimentary Motion Control Systems Guide for Industrial Applications (prweb.com)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s ‘Revolutionary’ iTV To Launch This Year (soshitech.com)
- Put a ring on it: Latest Apple iTV rumor implies an iRing will act as remote control (digitaltrends.com)