It would be an understatement to say that we are all not busy. From the busy mom who takes her kids to school and picks them up every afternoon. Helping the kids with their homework while still making time to do her studies. The Father who wakes up at 4am to prep all his stuff for his weekly business trip. The grandparents who work after retiring from a long and meaningful career, decides to take on a small business that works them 7 days a week.
Its easy for all of us to get side tracked because we are trying to define meaning to our surroundings. These are a few things you can do for yourself to help simplify life so it doesn’t cause you to break down.
- Exercising – It’s been said that exercising with decreased weight, not only reduces stress and improve better overall health, but it can help you clear your mind, sharpen your brain and decrease health problems in later years.
- Clean the Clutter – The last thing we want to do when we are dead beat tired is to trip on something in our house and get injured. Take a few afternoons to clean up your house (in sections if needed) to ensure that you minimize any potential hazard zones.
- Grow a simple garden – Start small, like lettuce or tomatoes. This will not only divert your energy to something positive but also the sense of accomplishment you get without the worries of being over burden with growing a full garden at the early stages.
- Get Help – If you’re the type of person who runs the world around you at the speed of 200 mph, then its time to get an assistant. Getting help is a great way to ensure that you don’t shoulder all the work on your own. Or at least have someone spot check and pick up things you may have dropped or forgotten along the way.
- Make use of technology – I’ve said this over and over. Technology allows our lives to be a bit simpler by tracking, alerting, notifying us on different stages of our day to day lives. Take a small amount of time to have someone teach you so you can be more efficient with your day.
- Focus on the positives aspects of your life – Stay away from negative people and environments. They will only further put you down and prolong your happiness. The positive people can benefit your outlook and health, and keep life in the right mindset.
- Mobile health app simplifies process of choosing birth control method (medicalxpress.com)